News

Federal Government has provided cash transfers to over 34 million vulnerable Nigerians

The Federal Government has said that it has so far provided conditional cash transfers to more than 34 million vulnerable Nigerians as part of its ongoing efforts to cushion economic hardship and reduce poverty across the country.

The Minister of Humanitarian Affairs and Poverty Reduction, Dr Bernard Doro, disclosed this on Thursday in Calabar, Cross River State, during the maiden meeting of the National Council on Humanitarian Affairs and Poverty Reduction.

According to Doro, the intervention reflects the administration’s commitment to lifting millions of citizens out of poverty through coordinated, inclusive, and data-driven humanitarian programmes.

“The Federal Government has so far provided conditional cash transfers to over 34 million vulnerable Nigerians and is working to reach 50 million beneficiaries before the end of the year,” the minister said.

Related posts

US-based Nigerian fashion designer Sheriff Shittu shot d€ad in New York nightclub

Ransome Mgbeahuru

Women posing as prospective tenants abduct three children in Ebonyi community 

Ransome Mgbeahuru

Renowned Author Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie loses one-year-old son after brief illness

Ransome Mgbeahuru

Leave a Comment